读者文摘|给人留下聪明印象的技巧
时间:2020-01-21 19:27:21 热度:37.1℃ 作者:网络
One. Plan Ahead
提前准备
Whether you're in a private conversation or at a company-wide town hall,
不论你是在一个私人对话中,还是在全公司的大礼堂。
the most important thing you can do is make yourself heard, loud and clear.
你可以做的最重要的事情是,你要让别人听到,洪亮而清晰。
This can be daunting for an introvert—and for the rest of us. The key: preparation.
这对一个内向的人和其余人来说可能是令人生畏的。关键是:准备。
If you're interviewing for a job, review the posting and take advantage of the whole Googleplex of information about your prospective company.
如果你是参加工作面试,回顾公告,充分利用谷歌了解你未来公司的所有信息。
If you're attending a staff meeting, check the agenda. Going on a date?
如果你要参加员工会议,检查备忘录。去约会?
Plan some talking points, even if they're just about some favorite TV shows or movies.
准备几个话题,即使只是一些最喜欢的电视节目和电影。
Feeling prepared will put you at ease, and that will boost your confidence.
感到准备好会让你感到平和,这会增加你的信心。
Two. Make Eye Contact
眼神交流
If someone looks at you while you're talking, you're more likely to think he or she is smart.
如果有人在你说话时看着你的话,你更有可能认为这个人是聪明的。
"Good eye contact means the other person is responsive to what you are doing or saying,"
“良好的眼神交流意味着对方会对你的行为或话语做出反应,”
says Bogdan Wojciszke, PhD, a professor of social psychology at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Poland.
波兰社会科学和人文大学的社会心理学教授博格丹·沃兹克博士说。
"If he is not responsive, this means that either you are dull or he is dumb.
“如果他没有反应,这意味着要么你迟钝,要么他愚蠢。
No wonder that, having such a choice, most of us prefer to think that he is dumb."
这也难怪,在这个选择下,多数人都会认为愚蠢的是他。
This perception may be grounded in truth: Researchers at Brandeis University found that
这种看法可能是基于事实的,布兰迪斯大学的研究人员发现,
conversationalists who maintained eye contact scored higher on IQ tests than those who avoided someone's gaze.
在智商测试中,保持眼神交流的谈话者比那些回避别人目光的谈话者得分更高。
Three. Strike a Power Pose
摆出一个强势的姿势
Here's a telling bit of business science:
这里有一些商业科学:
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Media Lab concluded that
麻省理工学院媒体实验室的研究人员得出结论,
they could accurately predict the outcome of any negotiation, sales call, or business pitch 87 percent of the time without hearing the conversation.
不用听到对话,他们就可以在87%的情况下准确地预测任何谈判、销售电话或者商务对话的结果。
How? By observing the speaking-listening ratio, interruption patterns, and body language.
如何?通过观察听说比例、中断模式和肢体语言。
How open or closed your posture is conveys how open or closed you are to the physical, mental, and emotional advances of others.
你的姿势是开放的还是封闭的,传达了你对他人的身体、精神和情绪的发展是开放的还是封闭的。
Openness can convey confidence. To project self-assurance in a meeting, adapt an open, expansive pose.
开放可以传达自信。要在会议中表现出自信,可以采用开放、扩张的姿势。
Sit up straight and leave your arms widely spread on the table or at your sides.
坐直,双臂摊开放在桌上或身体两侧。
(This also works if you're trying to attract someone's eye.)
(如果你想吸引某人的眼光时,这样也有用。)
If you're worried about projecting confidence, run through a couple of power poses—
如果你担心表现自信,摆几个有力量的姿势,
such as standing with your hands on your hips or using them to lean on your desk—in your office or the bathroom before your event.
比如,开会前,在你的办公室或卫生间里,你可以双手叉腰站着,或者把双手放在桌子上。
Research from social psychologist Amy Cuddy, PhD, has shown that holding these postures for just two minutes can lower stress and increase feelings of power.
社会心理学家博士的研究表明,保持这些姿势仅仅两分钟就可以降低压力,增加力量感。
重点讲解
1. even if 即使
You have to let us struggle for ourselves, even if we must die in the process.
你得让我们为自己拼搏,哪怕我们会在这个过程中死去。
2. at ease 轻松;自在
He's at ease speaking pidgin with the factory workers and guys on the docks.
他能轻松自如地用洋泾浜话和工厂工人及码头工人交谈。
3. run through 匆匆浏览
I ran through the options with him.
我把所有的选择都跟他过了一遍。